(Vote for 4)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Professor Accounting/Finance
- Occupation: Council Member/Businessman
- Vice mayor, 1997 to present
- Board Member, Redwood City Education Foundation
- Member, San Mateo County Emergency Medical System Governing Board
- Member, San Mateo County Drug & Alcohol Abuse Advisory Board
- M.A., Stanford University
- Continue to build new partnerships to help improve our schools
- Continue the revitalization and beautification of Downtown, including major thoroughfares
- Continue to work to improve traffic on city streets and regional freeways
- Occupation: Investment Advisor/Councilwoman
- Redwood City Councilwoman since 1998
- Member of the School/City Task Force
- Member of the Redwood City Chamber of Commerce
- Former Director of the Redwood Shores Homeowners' Association
- International Relations Degree, University of Southern California
- Improve English-language test scores in Redwood City schools.
- Secure available tracks for rail link between Cal Train Station and Port of Redwood City.
- Fight for connector roads between Redwood Shores and Redwood City proper to alleviate traffic congestion.
- Occupation: Independent Businessman
- 25-year resident of Redwood City
- Executive Director of the Redwood Shores Homeowners' Association
- Former English teacher
- Masters Degree in Educational Psychology
- Father of 5 children
- Grandfather of 10 grandchildren
- Synchronize traffic lights to improve flow.
- Build more day-care and senior centers for children and seniors.
- Help school districts maintain their properties in exchange for use of their playing fields for the public.
- Occupation: Realtor/Councilman
- Redwood City Councilman since 1995
- Former Chairman, Redwood City Traffic Advisory Committee
- Former Political Affairs Manager for the United States Chamber of Commerce
- Graduate of Woodside High School
- Business Management Degree, San Jose State University
Barbara Apffel Pierce
- Abolish the Utility Users Tax
- Widen Woodside Road between Highway 101 and El Camino Real
- End the failed experiment of bilingual education
- Occupation: Education Foundation President
- Redwood City 2000 interim co-director
- Redwood City Civic Cultural Commission
- Redwood City / San Mateo County Chamber of commerce Education Committee
- San Mateo County Spanish Speaking Social Worker
- Masters Degree Catholic University of America
- Quality of life concerns: traffic planning, providing cost effective recreational opportunities for youth and adults
- Efficient and effective spending of tax dollars for city projects.
- Planning for continued growth and development of our community while balancing the impact of traffic and demands on infrastructure.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Redwood City
News and Analysis
- Replays of live forum
- Peninsula TV Cable Channels (Check your local listing for channel.)
10/21, 1:00 pm & 5:00 pm
10/22, 1:00 pm
10/23, 4:00 pm
10/24, 1:00 pm
10/25, 1:00 pm
10/26, 1:00 pm & 7:00 pm
10/27, 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm
10/28, 1:00 pm & 7:00 pm
10/29 1:00 pm
10/31, 1:00 pm
- Redwood City-San Mateo County Chamber of Commerce
- Fri., Oct. 22, 8:00 a.m.
Call 364-1722 for information.
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.