(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John B. Lomax
- Occupation: retired manager, engineer
- Married 54 years, 40 in local area. MSEE from Stanford.
- Public Service: US Navy WWII; two terms as Board member, Black Mtn. Resource Conservation Dist.; Director, Law Enforcement Support Agency
- Professional Life: 4 yrs. Boeing; 31 years SRI International; 4 yrs. Law Enforcement Support Agency
- Labor Relations: Experience on both sides of the negotiating table: union negotiator (1953-54) and as a manager (1974-79)
Finn T. Halbo
- I will not allow any further loss or mismanagement of public funds.
- I will strive to improve management-employee relations.
- I will promote long-term District financial planning to minimize customer costs.
- Occupation: Mechanical Engineer
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center 36 year emp.
- Retired Lieutenant Commander, Navy Civil Engineering Corps
- Chairman, South Bayside System Authority
- President,Calififornia Sanitation Risk Management Authority Authority
- American Society of Civil Engineers Earthquake Life Line Investigator
Harry A. Harrison
- Resolve Ronald W. Shepherd lawsuit against the District.
- Continue to support our first class manager.
- Up-date equipment replacement & dollar reserve fund program. No bonds
(This candidate has not
responded to Smart Voter)
David A Walker
- Occupation: Builder/Retired Teacher
- Occupation: Network Engineer 3Com Corporation
- Menlo Park Resident 26 years (whole life)
- Graduated from Saint Mary's College in Moraga with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration and a Minor in Economics
- Family has lived in Menlo Park for over 50 years
Ronald W. "Ron" Shepherd
- Restore public and employee confidence in an agency that has been undermined by years of failed management and lackluster leadership.
- Ensure that Sewer charges imposed by the District are fair and equitable.
- Require that the District comply with all environmental regulations and ensure the protection of the San Francisco Bay and San Francisquito Creek.
- Occupation: Businessman/CPA
- My family and I have been residents of the district since 1973
- Education: B.S. in Accounting, San Diego State University
- Business: 11 years "Big Six" accounting firm; now own my own business
- Professional Designation: Certified Public Accountant
- Public Service: Chair school board, president parish counsel, member of Menlo Park budget task force
- Provide a fresh and ethical approach in developing policies under which the district will operate
- Build a relationship of trust and understanding between West Bay Sanitary District employees, management and the Board of Directors
- Develop a comprehensive, long-term financial plan to included planned replacement of major sewer lines
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.