(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Alicia C. Aguirre
- Occupation: Professor, Caņada College
- M.A., Eastern Michigan University
- Coordinator, English Institute
- Fulbright Exchange Professor
- Review and continue to improve programs for English Language Learners.
- Improve student achievement
- Provide more after school programs and mentoring for students and parents.
- Occupation: Principal Electrical & Computer Engineer
- BS in Electrical Engineering, University of El Salvador, 1979
- MS in Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Iowa, 1982
- Key contributor in successful start-up, Copper Mountain Networks (now public)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Peninsula Peace and Justice Center
- Soccer Coach, AYSO and afterschool program
- Volunteer at Adelante School, weekly for the past 5 years
- Organize board training session for the school board and all school site councils. Together we can set realistic goals.
- Make the Latino community active in the decision-making process -- my experience at Adelante School shows this is both necessary and possible.
- Make the numbers clear and easily available -- including school bond accounting records, construction plans, and detailed test score analyses.
(This candidate has not
responded to Smart Voter)
- Phone: 650-367-7562 (eve); Addr: 2974 McGarvey Ave., Redwood City, CA 94061; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Incumbent
- First Vice President - Investments
- Salomon Smith Barney
- B.A. U.C. Berkeley with Phi Beta Kappa
- Improved English Acquisition for non-English speaking students
- Raise test scores district wide to national average
- Continue to expand and sponsor community, business, government and school partnerships
- Occupation: Executive
- Incumbent, first elected 1995
- CFO for various high-tech companies
- MS in Engineering (Stanford)
- 3 children in district schools
- further improve test scores
- prepare students better for high school
- increase community involvement
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|