(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: VP & Management Supervisor, BBDO Advertising (1951-1974)
- Co-founder, Urban Coalition, San Francisco.
- Full-time volunteer, Beyond War Foundation, Foundation for Global Community (1974-present); Member, Board of Trustees
- President, San Alma Homeowners Assn.
- Producer of documentary television films for PBS stations
- Resident 23 years. Married, two children, three grandchildren in Palo Alto schools
- Reduce alienation, restore a strong sense of community.
- Protect our neighborhoods from overdevelopment and traffic.
- Promote need to find sustainable regional solutions to "local" problems.
- Occupation: Software executive
- B.S.M.E, B.A. Modern Languages, Union College
- President, Palo Alto Homeowners Association
Phyllis C. Cassel
- Restore confidence in our city government
- Clear objectives, open communication, efficient processes
- Occupation: Registered Nurse
- Planning Commission, City of Palo Alto
- Board of Directors, Santa Clara LWV 1990-93
- Leadership Midpeninsula, Class of 1999
- B.A. Rutgers University in Community Development
- MCH School of Nursing, Diploma
- Pursue effective alternative transportation options
- Seek housing options for people of all income levels
- Work cooperatively with the Palo Alto Unified School District to meet children's needs
- Occupation: Principal Engineer; B.S. Met. Eng.
- Fellow, ASTM; former Assistant Editor, SAMPE Journal
- Technical Committee 18th, 19th, 20th 21st Space Simulation Conferences
- Cable Co-op Board; Past President Palo Alto Civic League
- Citizen of the Year 1983; Past Chair, La Comida senior nutrition program
- Past treasurer Council for the Arts (CAPA), Barron Park Assn.
- Oversaw Superfund Toxic site remediation; Creek Committee Chair - BPA
- Make government more efficient and effective by anticipating issues and solving them before they become major problems.
- Approach problems with the goal of involving and including all who can help find and apply solutions.
- Retain those elemnts which make Palo Alto sucessful and vibrant while reaching out to the future and embracing useful changes.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Palo Alto Daily News
Palo Alto Weekly
- City Council Candidates Forum
- October 28, 7:15pm
Unitarian-Universalist Church 505 E. Charleston Rd.
LWV Palo Alto
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.