(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Richard W. Lowenthal
- Occupation: Business Formation Consultant
- On the Board of Directors of 5 high tech companies
- Cupertino Parks and Recreation Commissioner
- Chair, Cupertino Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Board Member of Fremont Union High School District Foundation
- Board Member of Cupertino Community Services
- A leader in local schools and youth sports
Michael S. Chang
- Cupertino should have things for its citizens to do and places to go, including good retail businesses, and a walkable town center
- Cupertino is risking financial problems as it embarks on $26M+ in capital projects
- We need to solve teacher retention issues and help get our schools adequately funded.
- Occupation: Department Chair and Faculty, De Anza College
- Cupertino City Councilman, 1995-Present, Mayor, 1997-98
- Cupertino Union School Board member, 1991-1995, President, 1994-95
- Earned a Fulbright Fellowship
- Ph.D. in Education, Stanford University, 1988
- M.A. in Political Science, Stanford University 1985
- B.S. in Financial Accounting, SFSU, 1980
- Preserve Our Suburban Character - balance growth with protecting our neighborhoods, reducing traffic conjestion, and control high-density development.
- Build Community Partnerships - develope partnerships with schools, and local businesses. Increase seniors, families, and youth programs.
- Tough on Crime - improve public safety, expand Neighborhood Watch programs, and higher officer profile in public schools. Need more time for officers.
- Occupation: Marketing Program Manager
- 32 year Hewlett-Packard employee, 20 in Cupertino
- Cupertino Planning Commissioner, 8 years
- Cupertino Chamber of Commerce Board
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Clara County, Board
- 30 year homeowner in Cupertino
- Four children in or through Cupertino schools
- Creating better places to meet and shop by reinvigorating our shopping centers
- Expanding the library in a manner to best serve the community
- Providing housing opportunities for people just beginning their careers, including our teachers
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.