(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: attorney
- Harvard Law School, University of Notre Dame
- 15 years practice at premier law firm
- District-wide PTA Council Executive Board
- Delegate to California PTA Convention
- District-wide Task Force on Low-achieving students
- Age, 42; married, 3 children: ages 9, 7, and 3.
- Top-Notch Education: challenge each student to do personal best.
- Handle over-crowded schools.
- Attract and retain high-quality teachers.
- Occupation: City Planner, City of Sunnyvale
- M.A., Geography, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
- M.A., Asian Studies, Univ. of California, Berkeley
- B.A.,, Social Science, Univ. of California, Berkeley
- Co-Chair, Gunn H.S, Site Council, 1999
- President, Palo Alto Community Child Care Board, 1995-97
- PAUSD Enrollment and Planning Committees, 1994-date
Barbara H. Spreng
- Long-range planning for enrollment and fiscal management.
- Teaching and learning; early intervention and targeted skills improvement.
- Community building with city, business, non-profit organizations, and neighborhoods.
- Occupation: Nonprofit Director/Mother
- BA, Univ. of Washington
- graduate, Leadership Midpeninsula
- currently enrolled, MPA program, College of Notre Dame
- Current Chair, Leadership Midpeninsula
- Past President, Palo Alto Council of PTAs
- Past President, Palo Alto Foundation for Education
- Build a comprehensive curriculum on a foundation of academics combined with social/emotional development.
- Secure additional funding to meet the community's high expectations and standards of excellence.
- Collaborate with the city, Stanford, private enterprises and nonprofit organizations to improve infrastructure and services to PAUSD families.
- Occupation: Artisan
- Board of Education appointed liaison, Santa Clara County SELPA 1 Santa Clara County SELPA 1
- Steering Committee - CAC for Special Education
- Attorney General's Volunteer Advisory Committee, Department of Justice, State of California
- Current Board Member, Friends of the Palo Alto Library
- Executive Board - Council of PTA
Katherine A. Rudolph
- Link spending to income
- Provide sound policies
- Restore support to programs
- Occupation: Software Sales
- Gunn High School graduate, 1993 (Attended Nixon Elementary and Pinewood School)
- BA, Stanford University
- Active community volunteer: YMCA, KQED, Community Impact
- Start-up experience: building programs on tight budgets, digesting a lot of information and making sound decisions quickly
- Collegiate Athletic Scholar: Dean's List, Honors Student, Varsity Water Polo
Joyce Patrice Osagiede
- Students as Shareholders: engage students in actively pursuing their own education. Foster an environment where children seek knowledge.
- Leveraging Silicon Valley: using the Internet and saving childrens' books and backs; tapping into the lessons learned in start-ups
- Broadening Curriculum: explore commonalities across disciplines, to encourage more global thinking
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
LWV Palo Alto
News and Analysis
Palo Alto Daily News
Palo Alto Weekly
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.