LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
Marin County, CA
November 2, 1999 Election
Member, City Council; City of Larkspur|
(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Councilmember
- Graduate of local schools - Neil Cummins and Redwood High
- Only candidate endorsed by the Marin League of Conservation Voters
Lawrence R. "Larry" Lanctot
- The small-town character of Larkspur is a heritage we must protect
- Citizen involvement is a cornerstone of Larkpur's ability to maintain that character and must be fostered
- Traffic is one of the major impacts on our quality of life and must be carefully monitored
- Occupation: Councilmember/Attorney
- Mayor Larkspur 1996
- Chair Twin Cities Police Council 1998-1999
- Planning Commissioner, Larkspur 1982-1991; Chair 1985 and 1991
- Director since 1977 and President since 1998 of Larkspur Library Endowment Fund & Foundation, a nonprofit supporting Larkspur's Public Library
- Santa Clara University B.A.1965; University of San Francisco School of Law J.D.1968; Columbia University Law School LL.M. 1969
- Preserving the small town character of Larkspur, and its quality of life including seeking to allievate traffic congestion
- Critically reviewing all development proposals to assure that density is consistent with the small town character and environmental impacts
- Citizen and neighborhood input, not only for CLASP re Niven and Larkpsur 2050 re finances but other issues and reflect such concerns in Council votes
- Occupation: Realtor/Legal Assistant
- Award-winning stained glass artist.
- Stop the OVERbuilding approvals in Larkspur
- Require staff and City Council to uphold building codes
- Put City Hall back in the hands of the residents, instead of the developers
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: November 18, 1999 14:48
Smart Voter '99 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1999
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.