LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
Contra Costa County, CA
November 2, 1999 Election
Director; Bethel Island Municipal Improvement District|
(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Marina/RV Park Owner
- President-Calif. Delta Chambers & Visitors Bureau
- Chairman/Founder-Bethel Island Marketing Alliance
- Member- adhoc Recreational Committee-CALFED
- Construction - Project Mngt. Backround 25 years
- Director- Bethel Island Chamber of Commerce
Robert D. "Bob" Cameron
- Levee Safety
- Future Funding for Levee Enhancement
- Continued Work on Drainage Ditches
- Occupation: Retired business executive,
- current B.I.M.I.D. Board Member.
Bill A. Gearhart
- Health & safety of levee, including both land & water sides.
- Relocate or remove incroaching structures from levee.
- Come into compliance with FEMA & county code requirments.
- Occupation: Civil Engineer, CA,OR,WA,NV
- General Engineering Contractor
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Ret.Manager of Engineering
John J. "Jack" McNamara
- Insure that Levees are properly maintained and brought up to established standard
- Look for solutions to encroaching structures problem.
- Look for solutions to private property drainage problems
- Occupation: Retired
- Past Director, Past Board President of BIMID
- Captain,Bethel Island Fire District
- BIMID should pursue State funding for levee maintance and for removal of encroching structures.
- BIMID needs to develop a plan to deal with drainage problems on the Island.
- Poor and sometimes lack of code enforcment by both BIMID and the County must be improved.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Contra Costa County Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: November 18, 1999 14:46
Smart Voter '99 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1999
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.