(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Planning Commissioner / Attorney
- Planning Commission Member, Past Chair
- Hastings College of the Law
- Secondary teaching credential, UC Berkeley
- BA Stanford U., History honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Past president, League of Women Voters of CA
- Staff Attorney, Legal Assistance for Seniors
Erling L. Horn
- Uphold the General Plan & maintain Lafayette's quality of life.
- Continue to revitalize the downtown, enhance the attractiveness of its village character, and focus on finding solutions to congestion on our roads.
- Promote strong fiscal management of our limited financial resources, long range financial planning, and public-private partnerships.
- Occupation: Engineer
- Mayor of Lafayette
- Lafayette City Council (1995 to present)
- Lafayette Planning Commissioner (1986 to 1995; Chairman, 1990 & 1995)
- Board Member, County Connection, Contra Costa County Transit Authority
- Board Member, Vice Chair, Central Contra Costa County Solid Waste Authority
- Member, Caldecott Tunnel Corridor Study Policy Committee
- I will work to preserve the unique character of our neighborhoods with open space and wise land use policies.
- I support the close cooperation of the City Council with School Board members and school administrators to maintain the highest quality education.
- Traffic is a major issue. I intend to improve traffic flow and mitigate problems by taking an active role regionally as well as locally.
- Occupation: Attorney/Businessman
- Vice Mayor, Lafayette (1999)
- Lafayette City Council (1997 - Present)
- Lafayette Planning Commission (1994-1997, Chair 1996)
- President, Town Hall Theatre Company (1997 - Present)
- President, Lafayette Chamber of Commerce (1994)
- Founder, Lafayette Reservoir Run
Thomas G. Del Beccaro
- Finding ways to improve traffic flow, particularly along the Moraga Road corridor, while guarding pedestrian rights, especially around the schools.
- Finding ways to preserve open space, especially on Burton Ridge and west of the Reservoir entrance.
- Completing the redevelopment of the downtown on a village scale, with special attention to parking, and reinvigoration of the east end.
- Occupation: Business Attorney/Cal. Berkeley Grad.
- 27-year resident/Acalanes graduate - 1979
- Parent of an elementary school-aged child
- Founder of "L.A.S.T." Lafayette's Alliance for Safer Traffic"
- 10 yr. coach - 12 and under, LMYA, YMCA, Lafayette Little League.
- PTA Member, Lafayette School
- Sponsor, LMYA
- Establish a comprehensive long-term traffic improvement plan and pedestrian walkway plan
- Use the $1.7 million fund earmarked to build a city hall to improve our sidewalks/crosswalks in the downtown and around our schools
- Balance the Council with the concerns and needs of parents, seniors and children
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Cable rebroadcast of live forum
- Channel 3
9:30 p.m. Oct. 27
7 p.m. Oct. 29
Contra Costa County Times
San Francisco Chronicle
City of Lafayette
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.