(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Professor and Chair, UC Berkeley Physics Department
- Ph.D. EE, Stanford 1979
- AB Physics, Princeton 1974
- Member, Lafayette School District Facilities Committee 1994
- Member, Burton Valley Elementary Facilities Committee 1997-98
- LMYA soccer and basketball coach
- Chair, Faculty Advisory Committee for Lawrence Hall of Science 1997-98
Shayne M. Silva
- academic excellence
- supportive learning environment
- responsiveness to community
- Occupation: Incumbent
- U.C. Berkeley, B.A. Social Welfare
- 12 year resident of Lafayette & mother of 2 children
- Governing Board Trustee 5 years
- Governing Board President 1997-98
- Acalanes Parent Club Board
- 32nd District PTA Board
David S. Stromberg
- Every child a successful learner
- Implementation of student assessment system based on District standards and benchmarks
- Completion of district-wide school construction projects
- Occupation: Attorney/Mediator
- STROMBERG LAW FIRM, Walnut Creek, CA
- Every child, at every level of academic performance, must receive an education that challenges and stimulates their intellectual and social growth.
- The LASF Program is an overwhelming success - let's preserve the relationship between LASF and the Board.
- We should explore reducing class size in Grades 4-8 to a maximum of 24 students/class.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Cable rebroadcast of live forum
- Channel 3
9 p.m. Oct. 28
Contra Costa County Times
San Francisco Chronicle
- District Web site
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.