LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
Alameda County, CA
November 2, 1999 Election
Council Member; City of Union City|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Councilmember / Vice- Mayor
- Small Business Owner
Jim F Navarro
- Public Safety
- Continue to increase library hours. Also construction of new library.
- We must continue to invest in our youth programs, facilities and parks for families.
- Occupation: Principal Engineer
- United States Navy Veteran
- President, New Haven Unified School Board of Trustees
- BA Behavioral Science Major
- Campaign Chair for the successful 1996 "Yes-For-Kids" School Bond Initiative
- Union City Performing Arts Council Co-chair
- New Haven School Foundation Board Representative
Dennis A. Olsen
- Attract High Tech Companies to Union City
- Better services for the walking and vision impaired
- Expand the "Meals-On-Wheels" program to include visitations to seniors who are confined to their homes
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Graduate U.C. Citizens Workshop
- U.C. Campaign Reform Committee
- President Villa Peralta Homeowners
- Member Union City Chamber
- Member Local 70 Teamsters
- Union City Lions Club
Lamont W. Allen
Shiekh B. Iqbal
- Improve our mix of quality affordable housing
- Restore harmony between Decoto & the police department
- Promote rezoning the Tropics to a redevelopment area
- Occupation: Parole Agent
- AA from City College of San Francisco
- BA from San Francisco State
- Was chair for UC Sister City Commission
- Was Member UC Safety task force
- Veteran of the U.S.Army
Leonard A. Wargo
- Want to bring High-tech business to the city.. will bring high paying jobs.
- Want to improve public transportation, and roads.
- Improve the public safety.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: November 18, 1999 14:45
Smart Voter '99 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1999
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.