- Occupation: Attorney and Association Director
- Education: BA Vanderbilt University, MS University of Tennessee, Knoxville, JD Nashville School of Law
- Member of the Metro Council from 1983-1991. Served on the Planning & Zonning, Federal Grants, Public Safety, Parks & Recreation, and Codes Committees.
- Member of the Metropolitan Planning Commission from 1987-1991.
- John is involved with: Sylvan Park Neighborhood Association; Historic Hashville; Recycle Nashville; Nashville Chamber of Commerce; Sierra Club; WPLN;
- Hillsboro Booster Club; Hillsboro PTSA; J.T. Moore PTO; Chairman of Kids First, Schools First; Nashville Women's Political Caucus;
- and Nashville Cares.