State of Washington
November 3, 1998 General|
Directory of Washington State Measures
Click on ballot measure for more detail.
- Initiative 688
- Shall the state minimum wage be increased from $4.90 to $5.70 in 1999 and to $6.50 in 2000, and afterwards be annually adjusted for inflation?
- Initiative 692
- Shall the medical use of marijuana for certain terminal or debilitating conditions be permitted, and physicians authorized to advise patients about medical use of marijuana?
- Initiative 694
Termination of a Fetus' Life
- Shall the termination of a fetus' life during the process of birth be a felony crime except when necessary to prevent the pregnant woman's death?
- Initiative 200
- Shall government be prohibited from discriminating or granting preferential treatment based on race, sex, color, ethnicity or national origin in public employment, education, and contracting?
- Referendum 49
- Shall motor vehicle excise taxes be reduced and state revenues reallocated; $1.9 billion in bonds for state and local highways approved; and spending limits modified?
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| State Election Links
About Smart Voter
Created: February 16, 1999 18:53
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.