(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Governor - State of Tennessee
- Married to wife Martha since 1959; three children; one grandchild
- Career Highlights: Seventh District U.S. Congressional Representative
- President and partner of Graphic Sales of America, a Memphis printin and advertising firm
- Political Experience: Nastional Federation of Young Republicans chairman, 1971-1973
- Shelby County Republican chairman, 1976-1978
- Manager, Howard Baker for President, 1979
John Jay Hooker, Jr.
- Economic Development
- Welfare Reform
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Party: Democrat
- Occupation: Attorney
- Military: US Army
- Marital Status: Single
- Attended University of the South in Suwanee
- Graduated Vanderbilt University Law School 1957
- Special Assistant to Robert F. Kennedy 1961
- Chairman of the Board, Minnie Perl's Chicken 1967; One of the founders of Hospital Corp. of America 1968
George Alexander Hamilton, Sr.
Irwin W. Gibbs
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Out of state campaign contributions
- Campaign corruption
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Writer / Producer & Host of Radio Magazine
- Host of Radio Magazine, "Returning to God's America"
- Drama Series, "The Devine Wind"
- Radio Announcer & Small Business Owner
- Served as REGIONAL Chief of Air Operations, USAF Auxiliary; VFW ( Veteran of Foreign Wars )
- National Association of Chiefs of Police
- Lambda Alpha Epsilon Criminal Justice Fraternity
Lonnie L. Creech
Thomas E. Smith, II
- Restore local / constitutional government through example of Andrew Jackson re: European bankers' illegal influence.
- Utilize contacts and knowledge gained from seven years campaigning for constitutional issues
- Thoroughly inform Tennesseans: "Your DUTY of government by the people."
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Project Vote Smart
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.