(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Thomas J. Moyer
- Occupation: Chief Justice since 1987
- Community/neigborhood: Bexley, OH
- Education: B.A. Ohio State University, 1961; J.D. Ohio State University, 1964.
- Judge Tenth District Court of Appeals, 1979-1986; Executive Assistant to the Governor 1975-1979
- Private Practice 1966 - 1969 and 1972-1975
- Deputy Assistant to Governor, 1969-1971
- Probate Court Referee 1968; Assistant Attorney General 1964 - 1966.
- Continue to administer the office of chief justice with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Continue to administer the work of the Supreme Court in a timely, highly professional manner.
- Continue services provided to all courts of Ohio, such as technology consultation, establishment of dispute resolution programs, training programs.
- Occupation: Appellate Judge 10th District
- Community/neigborhood: Columbus
- Education: BA College Wooster, 1968; Univ of Wisconsin Grad School; Ohio State University J.D., 1974.
- Trial lawyer for 15 years and Appellate Judge 7 years
- US Army three years - Viet Nam Service; Broonze Star
- Visiting Judge 4 years; Appellate Judge 7 years
- Supreme Court of Ohio 1991-1997
- Abandon the plan to spend $90 million to move the Court.
- Plan for the future of courts while knowing our current system.
- Help the Ohio Supreme Court work more harmoniously and effectively.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Cincinnati Post
League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area
Results from Secretary of State Office
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.