(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
J. Kenneth Blackwell
Charleta B. Tavares
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Ohio Treasurer
- Community/neigborhood: Cincinnati
- Education: B.S. and Masters of Education degres, Xavier University
- Served as Mayor and City Council Member;
- Cincinnati associate vice-president, assistant professor of Education, Xavier
- Undersecretary, US Dept of Housing and Urban Development, US Ambassador, UN Human Rights Commission
- Domestic and foreign policy fellow, Heritage Doundation and Harvard School of Government
- Party: Democrat
- Occupation: State Representative 22nd District
- Community/neigborhood: Columbus
- Education: Eastmoor High School; Attended Spelman College and Ohio State University
- State Representative; Chief, Children's Proection Section; Ohio Attorney General's Office
- Associate Director Public Children's Services Association of Ohio, Legislative Assistant
- Staff Person, Human Resources Subcommittee of the House Finance and Appropriations
- Increase voter registration, education and turnout through a program of education/outreach and adequate available data.
- Provide access to information for small businesses by implementing more staff training in computer technology.
- Provide statistics and voter information via the internet and a quarterly newsletter.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Cincinnati Enquirer
The Cincinnati Post
League of Women Voters of Ohio
Results from Secretary of State Office
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Extra hours: The Hamilton County Board of Elections has extended hours for absentee voting. The offices will be open until 7 p.m. Friday and until noon Saturday. Questions about absentee voting: 632-7039 or 632-7040.