(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: United States Representative
- Neighborhood: Terrace Park
- Dartmouth, BA, Mchigan J.D.
- I understand the needs and concerns of the district; I was born and raised here, continue to live here with my family and am active in the community.
- Serving in third term on Ways and Means Committee.
- Portman Legislative record: overhauled IRS, eliminated capital gains tax on most home sales; leader on anti-drug efforts.
- Curbed unfunded mandates, maintains strong constituent service.
Charles W. Sanders
- Dramatically simplify the tax code and make it fairer and less intrusive.
- Eliminate wasteful government spending and reduce the tax burden for all Americans.
- Preserve Social Security and expand retirement savings.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Mayor
- B.S. Industrial and Labor Relations, Wilmington College.
- I have over ten years Local Government experience.
- I completed one work career, complete with all the associated rigors of life that ordinary citizens must face every day.
- I am a native of the newly created District.
- Fix Social Security
- Fix the HMOs
- Support Education
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Congressional Candidates Round Table Discussion November 1, 1998
- WCET-TV will broadcast the two congressional candidates forums.
The Cincinnati Post
The Cincinnati Enquirer
League of Women Voters Candidate Questions
Project Vote Smart
Center for Responsive Politics
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.