(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
George V. Voinovich
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Governor
- Education: J.D., Ohio State University; B.A., Government, Ohio University
- Mayor of Cleveland; Lieutenant Governor, Ohio;
- Cuyahoga County Commissioner; Cuyhoga County Auditor; State Representative.
- Only person to have served as both president of the National League of Cities and as chairman of the National Governors' Association.
- Party: Democrat
- Community/neigborhood: Cleveland
- Education: B.S. Chemistry, St. Mary's College
- The mother of four grown children and the grandmother of two
- Former three term Cuyahoga County Commissior, and served three terms in the Ohio Legislature
- One term as the House Majority Whip
- Member of the Cleveland Hights-University Heights LWV
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- LWVOEF Debate will be aired live at 8 pm Thursday Oct 22 on all CBS stations in Ohio. The Debate will also be broadcast live on Ohio News Networks and on ONN's Radio affiliates throughout the state.
The Cincinnati Post
The Cincinnati Enquirer
League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area
Results from Secretary of State Office
Ohio Campaign Finance Report Secretary of State
Center for Responsive Politics Campaign Finance Report
Project Vote Smart
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Extra hours: The Hamilton County Board of Elections has extended hours for absentee voting. The offices will be open until 7 p.m. Friday and until noon Saturday. Questions about absentee voting: 632-7039 or 632-7040.