- Occupation: Associate Justice
- FEDERAL PROSECUTOR--Trial Attorney & Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, Organized Crime & Racketeering Section, U.S. Department of Justice (1961-64).
- LEGAL AID --Deputy Director, local Neighborhood Office Program (1965) and Director of national OEO Legal Services Program for poor people (1966-68).
- PROFESSOR OF LAW, University of Southern California (1969-82).
- AUTHOR or co-author of 16 books and 40 articles on trial practice, organized crime, legal aid, and administration of justice.
- Appellate Justice of the Year, Los Angeles Consumer Attorneys Assn.
- L.L.M. in Criminal Law, Northwestern; J.D., University of Chicago (law review editior); B.A. (honors in economics), Northwestern.