(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: U.S. Senator, 1993-present
- Congresswoman, U.S. House of Representatives, 1982-1992
- Supervisor, Marin County, 1976-1981
- First woman president of the Marin County Board Supervisors
- Former stockbroker and journalist
- B.A. in Economics from Brooklyn College
- Quality education, with smaller class sizes, higher standards and after school programs.
- More community police and getting rid of assault weapons and junk guns.
- An HMO patient protection act to guarantee quality care is never denied.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California State Treasurer
- Prior Member, State Board of Equalization
- U.S. Air Force Academy Graduate
- Pepperdine University, MBA
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D. degree
- Former Small Business Owner
- Member, National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform
- Ensure that we have a world-class education system.
- Completely overhaul the tax code as we know it.
- Have a criminal justice system that truly protects the innocent.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Insurance Adjuster/Investigator
- B. A. in political science, UCLA
- Chair, Libertarian Party of California, 1988-89
- Chair, Libertarian Party of L. A. County, 1990-95
- Former candidate for Insurance Commissioner
- Married for 14 years; 1 daughter
- Resident of San Gabriel Valley
Timothy R. Erich
- Repeal the federal income tax and abolish the IRS
- End the War on Drugs and decriminalize drug use
- Withdraw all U. S. troops from overseas
H. Joseph Perrin, Sr.
- Party: Reform
- Occupation: Teacher/School Principal
- Phone: (209) 847-5010; Addr: 640 Eucalyptus Avenue, Oakdale, CA 95361; Email: email@example.com
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Researcher
- Married with 3 successful adult children
- Master of Science - Univ. of San Francisco
- Mem. American Legion & Ben Ali Shrine P.O.
- Past Community Services Chairman - Rotary
- Disaster relief volunterr
- Elder, Greenhaven Lutheran Church
Ophie C. Beltran
- Stop exporting high paying jobs, and reduce unnecessary regulation for small business.
- Guarantee our elderly the retirement that has been promised to them.
- Reduce federal taxes to constitutionally allowable levels.
Brian M. Rees
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Political Union Organizer
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Physician
- Author and teacher
- Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve
- Commander, 349th General Hospital (HUM)
- M.D., and Master's degree in Public Health
- Member of the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Father of two beautiful children in public schools
- Campaign reform; eliminate soft money, reclaim our process from moneyed special interests
- Tax reform (cuts); throw our current tax code out and replace with a low flat tax.
- New and better jobs through innovative education and economic stimulation
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
From Sec'y. of State
Free Air Time for Candidates from the California Channel
League of Women Voters
Campaign Finance Data
News and Analysis
Los Angeles Times
Orange Co. Register
San Diego Union-Tribune
San Francisco Chronicle / Examiner
San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.