(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Anna G. Eshoo
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of Congress
John C. "Chris" Haugen
- Social Security: We must reform and save Social Security for future generations.
- Health Care: I am equally committed to HMO reform and better preventive care for children.
- Education: I support programs to recruit the best teachers into elementary classrooms. We need smaller classes and high standards for better learning.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Vice Principal and Teacher
- Founding Board Member of The King's Academy
- Former Director of Young Life on the South Peninsula
- Education: Stanford University:
- B.S. Civil Engineering '67
- M.S. Civil Engineering '68
- M.A. Education '85
Joseph W. Dehn, III
- Reduce federal control of education. Return decision-making to parents and teachers.
- Reduce federal government spending and taxes.
- Avert planned federal government regulations and reductions of individual freedoms.
- Party: Libertarian
- MIT 1975 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Member of Libertarian National Committee
- End the War on Drugs
- Cut Government Spending
- Eliminate the Income Tax
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Mother
- Full-time Mother for 15 years
- Part time ESL teacher's aid
- Software Engineering
- Banking, Administration
- M.A. from New York University 1975
- Support the Natural Law Party approach to all issues.
- Pro-life: succeed through practical education that works.
- Genetic Engineering of any life forms: moratorium now.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
From Sec'y. of State
LWV Candidates Forum Rebroadcast
Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
- Channel 77, Mid-Peninsula Cable Access
10/27/98, 11:05 pm
10/30/98, 10:05 pm
Los Altos Town Crier
Palo Alto Weekly
Campaign Finance Data
Center for Responsive Politics
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.