(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Cruz M. Bustamante
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Lawmaker
- Assembly Speaker Emeritus
- U.C. Alumni Association Legislator of the Year
- 1. To spearhead efforts to have California invest in our infrastructure so we can build for the future.
- 2. To create jobs by increasing California's international trade, particularly with Mexico.
- 3. To keep College tuition affordable for working families, ensure stable funding for the U.C. and C.S.U. systems and establish the 10th U.C. Campus.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Senator/Businessman
- VP of two commercial real estate companies
- California State Asemblyman, 1986-91
- Lobbyist, Co. Supervisors Assoc. of CA 1971-80
- Consultant, Assembly Ways and Means Comm.
- M.A.in Public Admin. from Univ. of Southern CA
- Improve education for all California school children and make California's universities mor effective
- Maintain and develop a healthy economy
- Provide effective leadership for all Californians
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Environmental Scientist
- Has worked more than 13 years for the State in the environmental protection field
- Has led sexual harassment workshops at UCLA and for state employees
- Iranian-American who has been active resident of Los Angeles for 17 years
- Received Master's degree in Environmental Engineering from University of Southern California
Thomas M. Tryon
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Rancher
- Member, Board of Supervisors Calaveras County
- MBA University of Chicago
- BA Economics, UC Berkeley
Jaime Luis Gomez
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Reduce Unnecessary Government Intrusion
George M. McCoy
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Educator
James J. Mangia
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Businessman
- Party: Reform
- Occupation: Children's Clinic Director
- Executive Director of a free medical clinic for children
- Volunteer Development Director, St. John's Episcopal Church Community Service Programs
- National Secretary, Reform Party of the U.S.A.
- Member, West Hollywood Election Reform Task Force
- Member, House of Delegates, LIFE Lobby
- Former Program Director, AIDS Project of the East Bay
- Political and government reform: increasing democracy and accountability in government; term limits
- Education reform: Creating more charter schools to return educational decisions to local communities
- Health care reform: Break the stranglehold of the insurance lobby on healthcare policy
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
From the Sec'y. of State
Free Air Time for Candidates from the California Channel
League of Women Voters
Secretary of State
Cal. Voter Foundation - Top Contributors
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.