San Francisco, San Mateo County, CA
November 3, 1998 General|
State Senator; District 8
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Vice-President for Electronic Arts Software Co.
- State Assemblywoman, 19th District, 1986-1996
- San Mateo County Supervisor, 1980-1986
- Graduate of U.C.Davis and Hastings College of Law
- Admitted to California State Bar in 1976
Jim R. Tomlin
- Increase standards for public schools and fund them to the national average.
- Integrate the Bay Area's multiple transportation system to reduce the crisis of congestion and provide commute alternatives to the automobile.
- Prevent HMO interference with the doctor-patient relationship, and demand HMO accountability to the patient.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Account Executive
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
From Sec'y. of State
Project Vote Smart
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: February 16, 1999 18:42
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.