Santa Clara County, CA
November 3, 1998 General|
Member of the State Assembly; District 24
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Assemblyman/Businessman
- 21st Century Economy
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Educator/Finance Consultant
- Trustee, West Valley-Mission Community College District
- De Anza College teacher for 30 years
- School Finance Consultant K-12 & community colleges
- Former newspaper editor
- Former radio newswriter
- Claims to fame: Struck out Frank Robinson on a sinker. Gave up long home run to Curt Flood on one that didn't sink.
- Education: After school tutorial & mentoring programs and mandatory summer school for underachievers. Improve teacher training.
- Health: Patient-centered health care; police HMOs; investigate prescription costs.
- Traffic: Replace road building with mass transit that goes where commuters need to go.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Computer Scientist
- Phone: (408) 927-1758; Addr: 975 Marlinton Court, San Jose, CA 95120; Email: email@example.com
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
From Sec'y. of State
Project Vote Smart
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: February 16, 1999 18:42
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.