(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/Corporate Controller
- Vice President of management, shopping centers valued at over 400 million
- Worked for American Broadcasting Co. real estate department
- Active in: Church, Boy Scouts of America & Optimist International
- Served as Los Angeles County Insurance Commissioner/Treasurer
- Securities firm Corporate Controller
- First Board of Equalization permit obtained in 1969. Knows from experience.
- Help end the unitary tax method that has driven many large companies from California
- Stop unreasonable and punitive audits of honest businesses
- Protect integrity of prop 13 by supporting the 2/3 vote on all new property tax assessments
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Businesswoman/Journalist/Educator
- The only woman major party candidate for this office
- Won the Democratic Party primary for this seat in 1994
- Chairwoman, San Diego Housing Board
- Member, California Retardation Board and Mesa College Advisory Board
- B.A. in Political Science/Journalism, San Diego State University
- Married with four grown daughters
J. R. "(nobody)" Graham
- Fight for citizen and consumer rights in tax matters
- Simplify tax regulations and reports and improve collection efficiency
- Encourage women in small business ownership
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Janitor/Paperback Writer
- 44 years old, twice widowed,
- worked hard most of my life, started businesses,
- helped others start their own businesses,
- biggest problem for business is government,
- trying to fix that...
- Nobody 4 Taxman Campaign
Maxine Bell Quirk
- Make all tax & regulate agents under the $BofE abide by our constitutions...
- Get their invisible hands out of our pockets & iron fists out of our faces.
- Our government should not terrorize you & rip you off...
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Apartment Owner/Manager
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
From the Sec'y. of State
Free Air Time for Candidates from the California Channel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.