State of California
November 3, 1998 General|
State Board of Equalization; District 2
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Tom Y. Santos
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, State Board of Equalization, District 2
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Tax Management Auditor
- Board of Equalization Tax Auditor and Property Tax Auditor-Appraiser
- State Management Auditor
- Internal Revenue Agent for IRS; Certified Enrolled Agent
- Gaming Supervisor in the Nevada Gaming Industry
- US Air Force Veteran
- Bachelor's Degrees in Business Administration from Santa Clara University and Accounting from University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Advocate tax fairness and equal treatment and representation for all. Eliminate political favoritism for big corporations.
- Strive for tax simplification to help the one million small businesses in the state.
- Impose a gambling tax on card rooms and casinos in the state and create a Gaming Tax Department within the Board to recoup millions of tax revenues lost.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
From the Sec'y. of State
Free Air Time for Candidates from the California Channel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: February 16, 1999 18:42
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.