(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Incumbent Director, Ward 6
- Retired Environmental Planner, City of Palo Alto
- San Mateo County Bikeways Advisory Committee, 8 years
- San Mateo County Trails Advisory Committee, 1987 to present
- Co-author, "Peninsula Trails" third edition, 1997
- Former Board member: Planning and Conservation League; Committee for Green Foothills; California Native Plant Society, Santa Clara Valley Chapter
- Former Board member, Bay Area Ridge Trail Council; member San Mateo County Ridge Trail Committee; member San Francisco Bay Trail
John J. "Jack" Hickey
- I will continue supporting MROSD Mission and Basic Policy; preservation of land and its restoration to natural condition
- Public access to our lands must be within constraints of protection of natural resources
- I support creative means to finance new acquisitions, but believe fiscal restraint must control all our expenditures of public funds
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Sr. Research Scientist - retired
- Defender of private property rights-opposing eminent domain abuse
- Taxpayers advocate - successfully led 2 anti-tax campaigns this decade
- Advocate of revenue producing Golf Courses on "open space" land
- Inventor - 28 patents in electronics - lasers - fiber-optics
- Resident of what is now called "Emerald Hills" since 1965
- Four year Navy veteran(1953-1957)
Berry T. Stevens
- Removal of "Eminent Domain" powers from the District
- Restoration of the "Park District" name and function, which is what was voted on in 1976.
- Create a Master Plan which includes "revenue producing" open space land use.
- Occupation: Production Manager
- San Mateo County Trails Advisory Committee
- Equal access for all low impact rail users
- Expanded Volunteer Outreach
- More Educational Outreach
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Palo Alto Weekly
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.