This information is provided by the candidate
Named one of the "Outstanding Women in Government and Non-Profit Organizations" by the May, 1998 Business Journal.
The position of Trustee very much suits my education, interests, and background:
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science-University of Colorado
- Master of Arts in U.S. History and Government-San Jose State University
- Secondary Teaching Credential-UCLA (Earned Lifetime Credential after completing 8 years of teaching
- Taught at Blaney High School in Sunnyvale-a Continuation High School for students deficient in credit-taught History, Government, Reading, Group Dynamics, and Parenting! A wonderful, exciting experience working with teenagers who needed a great deal of extra time, attention, and care
- Started in residential real estate in 1980 when teacher layoffs forced a quick change* Earned a broker's license two years later
- Opened my own agency with partners in 1984--The Group Advantage in Cupertino
- Purchased a RE/MAX franchise in Sunnyvale in 1994 with the same partners
- Earned Certified Residential Specialist designation-the highest designation in the field, awarded to only 3% of Realtors in the U.S.
- Have lived in the city of Santa Clara since 1963. Raised two sons there, Peter and Gregory Rucker. (Santa Clara High) They both went to the public schools from K-12.
- Lived in Havana, Trinidad, Mexico City, and, most importantly Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where I graduated from high school. I speak broken Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
- * For the last 10 years, I have been a Trustee at West Valley/Mission CCD. Currently, I am President of the Board. My background is an unusual-and valuable- mixture of education and business. This is exactly what is needed for helping to govern an academic instiution with a $60 million budget!