(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- President, Alliance for a New Moffett Field
- 1998 Outstanding Community Leader Award
- Vice-Chair, Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
- Naturalizations Chair, League of Women Voters
- School Bond (Measure D) Steering Committee Member
- Volunteer Tutor, Mentoring Coordinator and Scholarship Founder
- Protect and improve Mountain View as a clean, quiet place to live and work
- Improve neighborhood safety and our sense of community; give our children and youth the best possible chance to succeed
- Plan for a non-aviation future at Moffett, limit growth and provide greater opportunity for citizen input
- Occupation: Mediator-Dispute Resolution Specialists
- Lewis and Clark College, BA 1976
- Hastings College of the Law, JD 1982
- Environmental Planning Commission: Commissioner 1996-1998
- Mountain View Chamber of Commerce: Chairman 1997-1998
- Community School of Music & Arts: Boardmember
- Parks and Recreation Commission: Vice Chair 1995
Joseph S. "Joe" Kleitman
- Ensure affordable housing options to preserve Mountain View's unique community charactor
- Create a Moffett Field Master Plan, build the Air & Space Center and prevent MFA from becoming a regional airport
- Work for balanced growth that enhances our quality of life
- Party: Democrat
- Occupation: Businessman
- Current Councilmember & Former Mayor
- Chair of City Neighborhoods Comm., 4 yrs.
- Planning Commissioner, Chair
- Childcare and Light Rail Taskforces
- Environmental Policy Committee - L.C.C.
- Humboldt State Univ. Bachelor of Science
- Improving and preserving Mountain View's quality of life
- Continuing to champion youth issues - our best investment!
- Allow only compatible, high quality, infill development
- Occupation: Retired Businesswoman
- President, Senior Coordinating Council of Mountain View
- Commissioner, Human Relations Commission of Mountain View
- President & Newsletter Editor of Gemello Neighborhood Association.
- Volunteer Photographer, Bubb School & City of Mountain View
- Member, Youth Planning Committee
- Member, Santa Clara County Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Network
- Preserving & Enhancing Quality of Life in Mountain View
- Supporting & Increasing Public Safety
- Ensuring Future Uses of Moffett Field Enhance, Rather than Degrade Our Quality of Life Quality of Life
- Occupation: Chief Financial Officer
- Vice Chair, Community Advisory Committee on Moffett Federal Airfield, November 1996 - July 1997
- Member, Mtn View City Council, 1988-1997; Mayor, 1993
- Member, Mtn View Environmental Planning Commission, 1984-1988
- Member, Mtn View School District Board o f Trustees, 1979-1988; President of Board, 1983-1988
- Chief Financial Officer, Valley Oil, Mtn View, 1979 - present
- University of California, Santa Barbara: English major, Finance minor
D. K. Lu
- Planning for, and managing, growth
- Maintain a strong financial position while making necessary infrastructure upgrades
- Work to continue NASA's presence at Moffett Federal Airfield and pursue annexation of the property
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Mountain View Environmental Planning Commission, 1995 to present; chairperson, 1998
- Mountain View Downtown Revitalization Committee, 1989 to present; chairperson, 1991
- Mountain View Community Television board member, 1994 to present
- Mountain View Asian New Year Parade, co-chair 1991 to present
- BSEE and BS Math, University of Michigan; MBA, Rutgers University
- Mountain View resident for over 20 years; lives with wife Serena in Jackson Park neighborhood
- Review the City's General Plan, bringing it up to date to reflect our values.
- Protect Senior Citizens from unreasonable cost increases.
- Keep the needs of our youth in all our City planning.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
City of Mountain View
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Rebroadcast of live forum
- KMVT Ch. 6, MV Public Access.
10/20, 9:00 pm
10/27, 9:00 pm
11/1, 6:00 pm
11/3, 12 noon