(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democrat
- Occupation: Product Management and Marketing
- Six years member of Morgan Hill Planning Commission, past Chairman
- Member of 1988-90 and 1998+ (current) Morgan Hill General Plan Update
- Co-Chair, Measure C campaign to extend redevelopment in Morgan Hill (1998)
- Steering Committee, Morgan Hill School District School Bond campaign, 1998
- Board member, Morgan Hill Rotary
- Past President, Holiday Lake Estates Maintenance Association
- Implement redevelopment and updated General Plan responsibly and cost-effectively
- Maintain strong residential growth control and more carefully plan retail/commercial expansion
- Assure public safety is top priority, including funding
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: business owner/consultant
- CEO/Co-Founder, political and public policy consulting firm
- Former Executive Director, Morgan Hill Downtown Revitalization Program
- Board Member, Morgan Hill Historical Society
- Founding Board Member, Leadership Morgan Hill
- Taste of Morgan Hill Founding Executive Director
- B.A., 1983, University of California, Santa Cruz
J. Robert "bob" Foster
- Expand community and recreation services for all Morgan Hill young people
- Maximize RDA funds to achieve community goals
- Stabilize police funding and expand community policing programs
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Age: 58; Business and Estate Planning Attorney.
- Incumbent City Council member
- Previously served as Mayor and City Council member
- Previously served as MHUSD Trustee
- Founder, South Valley Plan for rural preservation
- Wife Nancy and I are members AAUW
- Preservation of the rural environment of South Santa Clara County
- Development of the public facilities of Morgan Hill with Redevelopment Funds
- Providing a quality life for the Citizens of Morgan Hill
- Party: Republican (Moderate)
- Occupation: Accounts Manager, Wolfe Engineering, Inc.
- Served as Interim Morgan Hill City Treasurer
- Served a term on Mobile Home Rent Stabilization Commission
- "Distinguished" Past President M.H. Kiwanis
- Currently on M.H. Kiwanis Board of Directors
- Active Volunteer, Anti-Graffiti programs
- Current President, Morgan Hill Historical Society
Arthur T. "Art" College, II
- Fiscally responsible administration of RDA $147 million extension
- Controlled Growth
- Public Safety/Quality of Life issues
- Occupation: Quality Assurance Manager
- Eleven year resident of Morgan Hill
- Sixteen years of "hands-on" local government experience
- Former California Certified Municipal Treasurer
- Positions held: Interim City Manager, Executive Director of RDA, Assistant City Manager, Director of Finance
- Education: MBA - Accounting & Finance, BA - Business Administration
- Life-time teaching credential for the California Community College system
Michael J. Harris
- My first priority is to serve the City of Morgan Hill and all of it's citizens through a positive, action-oriented approach.
- City Council priorities: 1) the health, safety, and welfare of Morgan Hill families, 2) financial accountability, 3) street resurfacing & maintenance.
- Redevelopment Agency priorities: 1) fix flooding first, 2) RDA accountability.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|