(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Kathryn P. Ho
- Occupation: Educator/Counselor
- M.A., Marriage, Family & Child Counseling
- B.A., Microbiology
- President, Lynbrook PTA, 1994-95
- Board Member, Fremont High Schools Foundation
- Counselor, Monta Vista & Lynbrook High Schools
- Teacher, High School Math and Science
- Build trust and respect in our community.
- Expand programs to enhance positive school climate and success for ALL students.
- Create instructional opportunities for both college-bound and vocation-oritented students.
- Occupation: Governing Board Member
- BA, UCLA; MBA San Diego State University
- Silicon Valley Manufacturer's Group - Education Task Force
- Technology Network - Public Policy Committee
- Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, 1998
- San Jose Parks and Recreation, 1996
- Pacific Bell, Director, External Affairs
Avrum C. "Avie" Katz
- Setting and achieving world class academic standards
- Developing and supporting teaching excellence
- Providing accountability to students, staff and community
- Occupation: Teacher
- San Francisco State University - B.a & M.A.
- UC Berekeley Graduate Work
- Past Member of Music and Art Boosters
- PTA Member
- Speaker at District Diversity Meetings
- 25 years teaching at Middle and High School Levels
Michael E. Boyd
- Communication Among Students, Teachers, Adminstrators, and Board
- Develop Technical Support from Private Enterprise
- Introduce New Approaches to Learning
- Occupation: Engineer/Physicist
- 1983-89 Director Santa Barbara County Private Industry Council (appointed)
- 1984-92 Director Isla Vista Recreation and Park District (elected)
- 1988-93 Director Goleta West Sanitary District (elected)
- 1990-92 Director California Association of Recreation and Park Districts (elected)
- 1994-96 Commissioner City of Sunnyvale Housing & Human Services Commission (appointed)
- Improved hard sciences courses including math, physics, & chemistry
- Detailed objectives - principals monitor performance
- The board should concentrate on what is taught more than how
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Los Altos Town Crier
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.