Santa Barbara County, CA
November 3, 1998 General|
Governing Board Member; Carpinteria Unified School District; Trustee Area 2
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John W. Franklin
- Party: Moderate
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Carpinteria Unified School District Board President for six years
- 1992 Carpinterian of the Year
- Director Summerland Sanitary District
- Executive Director Carpinteria Chamber of Commerce
- Chairperson Junior Carpinterian Scholarship Committee
- Committee Member Girls Inc and Boys & Girls Club
Mary L. Holzhauer
- A prioritized and sensible building plan that combines fiscal responsibility with the reality of the approval process.
- Continue our improving trend of student test scores.
- Improve/maximize parental involvement in the child's academic career.
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Retired Systems Analyst
- B.A. UCLA, Phi Beta Kappa
- Graduate work, teach. credential, CSULA
- Elementary Teacher
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Summerland Citizens Assn, Board member
- Past president, Arcadia LWV
- A sensible plan for new facilities that protects taxpayer dollars
- First priority to a school in the east valley to relieve overcrowding
- A football stadium not financed by bond money
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: February 16, 1999 18:47
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.