(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Bill B. Riddlesprigger
Joan Ogg "Joanie" Martin
- I support the Basics for the 21st Century.
- Parent/Teacher Partnerships
- School Safety
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Educator/Mother/Volunteer
- I am a wife and mother of 2 children who have many years of public education ahead of them. Public education MUST work!
- I have a Masters Degree in Education and Counseling and have taught in a variety of areas in secondary and adult education.
- I have worked with the Southeast Asian community since 1983 helping them with issues of resettlement, life skills and school related issues.
- We have lived in and been committed to the Lowell community for 10 years. We worked to establish a tutoring center to meet the needs of the children.
- We are active members of First Presbyterian Church and have served on staff as Director of Southeast Asian Refugee Ministries.
- I have been a resource, teacher and speaker in many areas including cross-acculturation issues.
- Our children must learn to read and write, have enough classrooms, small class sizes, and all children taught English to succeed.
- We must ensure that the teacher, student, parent partnerships have the tools necessary to achieve high educational goals.
- Children need to stay in school. We cannot allow our children to weave through the educational system without having the skills needed to succeed.
Joel M. Murillo
- Occupation: Retired Educator
- Occupation: Member, Board of Education
- Member,Fresno County Board of Education
- Deputy City Manager
Ronnie A. Miano
- Fresno children deserve the best education possible. He supports reduction in class size and other changes that maximize opportunities for students.
- Hire the best qualified teachers to prepare our children for their future.
- For traditional values: Honesty, decency and respect.
- Occupation: Parent/Student
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidate Forum - FUSD PTA Council
- 10/15, 7:00PM, Bullard High Auditorium
- Candidate Forums Rebroadcasts - MediaOne/LWV
- 10/13-8:30PM, 10/19-9:30PM, 10/30-6:00PM