Fresno County, CA
November 3, 1998 General|
Governing Board Member; State Center Community College District; Trustee Area 1
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Priscilla R. "Pris" Pike
- Occupation: Incumbent 1985 to present
- Played an integral role in District obtaining 114 acres of donated property for new Madera campus
- Aggressively promoted the extension of classes and programs to rural and mountain areas
- City Manager, City of Kerman - 1993 to present
- Past President of Central San Joaquin Valley Risk Management Authority
- Ron's pursuit of higher education began as a Community College student
- AA-Reedley College, BA-UC,Berkeley, MA-CSU San Francisco
- Occupation: court reporter/higher educational proponent
- Chr. Community College Committee; former Chr. State Center Community College Advisory Committee;
- Founder/President El Capitan Educational Foundation;
- Member of Rotary, Intl; Jr. Livestock Association Board;
- Owned a Court Reporting Agency for 15 years;
- Have taught in my profession; and attended UCSB, SF State, and community colleges in the state.
- Spearheaded the passage of SB1607, to enlarge community college center curricula.
- Promote honesty and integrity in all aspects of community college development into the 21st Century.
- Focus students on school-to-career education as the key to success.
- Develop critical-thinking skills for the students' use in applying their education to the real-world work experiences.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: February 16, 1999 18:44
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.