California State Government
June 2, 1998 Primary|
Candidate for Lieutenant Governor
This information is provided by the candidate
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Small Businessman/Writer
- Co-author of Proposition 208, the Campaign Finance Reform Initiative
- Former Acting Secretary of State
- Former Chief Deputy State Controller and FPPC Commissioner
- Phi Beta Kapp Graduate of UC Davis
- Order of Coif Graduate of Boalt Hall School of Law
- Eagle Scout
Top Priorities if Elected|
- Meaningful Campaign Finance Reform with Reasonable Contribution and Spending Limits
- The Best Educational System in the Country at All Levels
- Economic Opportunity for All Without Sacrificing the Environment
- March Fong Eu, Former Secretary of State of California
- Ruth Holton, Former Executive-Director of California Common Cause
- Robert Holub, Former Co-Chair, Political Reform Task Force of AARP
- Why I'm Running
The Office of Lt. Governor is largely defined by the officeholder. I have a clear vision of what I will do as Lt. Governor of California.
- Campaign Finance Reform: Can Anthing Be Done?
Elections that are for sale are not free. That is true whether they are purchased by a wealthy candidate or by special interests. Together we CAN do something about it.
Candidate's WWW Site
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| June 1998 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| State Election Links
About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: June 1, 1998 23:33
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California,
Smart Valley Inc.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.