State of California
June 2, 1998 Primary|
Candidate for United States Senator
This information is provided by the candidate
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California State Treasurer
- Prior Member, State Board of Equalization
- U.S. Air Force Academy Graduate
- Pepperdine University, MBA
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D. degree
- Former Small Business Owner
- Member, National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform
Top Priorities if Elected|
- Ensure that we have a world-class education system.
- Completely overhaul the tax code as we know it.
- Have a criminal justice system that truly protects the innocent.
- California Secretary of State Bill Jones
- California Insurance Commissioner Chuck Quackenbush
- Honorable George Schultz, Former U.S. Secretary of State
- Tax Reform Is Not A Partisan Issue
Matt Fong proposed a complete reform of the current tax system.
Candidate's WWW Site
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| June 1998 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| State Election Links
About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: May 26, 1998 09:04
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California,
Smart Valley Inc.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.