State of California
June 2, 1998 Primary|
Candidate for Governor
This information is provided by the candidate
- Party: Peace & Freedom
- Occupation: Teacher/Rent Commissioner
- Elected member, Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board, 1994-98
- Union work: Building Representative, Alameda Education Association
- North State Chair, Peace & Freedom Party
- Education: M.S. in Education, B.A. in History
- Mother of a teenager
- Goal: To live in a democratically run socialist society.
Top Priorities if Elected|
- Provide for basic human needs of health care, housing, food and education
- Preservation of clean air and water, forests and ecosystem
- Equal rights: an end to racism and all forms of discrimination.
- Alameda County Peace & Freedom Party
- San Francisco Peace & Freedom Party
- Randy Silverman, Chair, Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board
- What Is Wrong With Proposition 227
Proposition 227 would destroy bilingual education in California. Children need to learn to read and think in their native languages in order to master these skills in English.
Candidate's WWW Site
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| June 1998 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| State Election Links
About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: May 13, 1998 22:46
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California,
Smart Valley Inc.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.