- Occupation: Teacher
- Native Californian, married, 8 grandchildren
- Five years in U.S. Army: draftee, 1st Lt., Army aviator
- BA from UC Davis, MA & PhD from UC Berkeley
- Ten years college teaching, twenty years in small business
- Extensive, varied teaching: Military, business, flight and skiing instructor etc.
- Credentialed K-12 teacher. Now substitute teaching in local school.
Top Priorities if Elected|
- Persuading parents they must shield children from electronic entertainment--provide challenging, nurturing experience.
- Foster improved teaching via locally devised collaboration, peer review, faculty responsibility for academic excellence.
- Curricula that engages all youngsters: "Basics" include the arts, health/physical education, technology studies.
- Jerry Mander, author, "In the Absence of the Sacred."
- Dr. Robert B. Aird, Professor of Neurology, Emeritus, UC San Francisco
- Dr. Ernest Tucher, III, San Diego
Read more from the candidate --