State of California
June 2, 1998 Primary|
Full Biography for Barbara Carpenter
Candidate for State Superintendent of Public Instruction
This information is provided by the candidate
While serving as County Board of Education President, I was instrumental in leading the county to statewide prominence through:
- the building of the latest state-ot-the-art educational technology center
- budgeting $50,000 to develop a 3rd grade reading test ahead of national/state adoption
- the development of preSAT testing for 10th grade students
- doubling credited courses through distance learning (instructional television)
- authoring the Academics Based Education (ABE) resolution, a "back to baxics" approach to learning which is currently gaining national attention.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| June 1998 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| State Election Links
About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: May 14, 1998 19:11
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California,
Smart Valley Inc.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.