(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
(This candidate has not
responded to Smart Voter)
Tom Y. Santos
- Party: Republican
(100.0% of votes in party)
- Occupation: Member, State Board of Equalization, District 2
- Phone: 209 473-6579; Addr: 3422 Hammer Lane, C-107, Stockton, CA 95219
- Party: Democratic
(50.2% of votes in party)
- Occupation: Tax Management Auditor
- Board of Equalization Tax Auditor and Property Tax Auditor-Appraiser
- State Management Auditor
- Internal Revenue Agent for IRS; Certified Enrolled Agent
- Gaming Supervisor in the Nevada Gaming Industry
- US Air Force Veteran
- Bachelor's Degrees in Business Administration from Santa Clara University and Accounting from University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Advocate tax fairness and equal treatment and representation for all. Eliminate political favoritism for big corporations.
- Strive for tax simplification to help the one million small businesses in the state.
- Impose a gambling tax on card rooms and casinos in the state and create a Gaming Tax Department within the Board to recoup millions of tax revenues lost.
- Party: Democratic
(49.8% of votes in party)
- Occupation: Taxpayers' Advocate
- End taxpayer abuse by some Board of Equalization employees by performing a critical and adversarial review of the agency and taking appropriate action.
- Change Board hearing procedures to allow more time for taxpayers to present their case and reimburse them for their expenses if they prevail in their appeal.
- Assist with legislation to protect and expand taxpayer's rights and access to public records.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Registrar of Voters. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Live Election Returns|
About this Office
- District 2
- from Sec. of St. after 8 pm, June 2
News and Analysis
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Official Website
Links to outside sources are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.