Santa Clara County, CA
June 2, 1998 Primary|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
George W. Kennedy
- Occupation: District Attorney, Santa Clara County
- Helped achieve lowest crime rate among large California counties
- Highest felony conviction rate in California
- Current president, California District Attorneys Association
- Graduate FBI Law Academy and National College of District Attorneys
- Law Degree (Juris Doctor), University of Southern California
- Age 52, Married, Two children
- Low violent crime rate
- Low non-violent crime rate
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- Cum Laude Graduate of Law School
- Former Management Consultant for 15 years
- Lifelong resident of Santa Clara County
- B.A. Economics U.C. Berkeley
- Currently Career Criminal Trial Attorney
- First Full Time Domestic Violence Felony Attorney
- Implement Three Strikes Sentencing in Santa Clara County
- Double the number of Felony Trial Attorneys in Domestic Violence
- Launch proactive law enforcememt measures with Police Agencies in Santa Clara County
Basic candidate data supplied by the Registrar of Voters. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Live Election Returns|
News and Analysis
- From Santa Clara County
Palo Alto Weekly
Los Altos Town Crier
Links to outside sources are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| County Election Links
About Smart Voter
Created: June 17, 1998 11:12
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California,
Smart Valley Inc.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.