(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- 20 years as a prosecutor
- Twice named the Outstanding Prosecutor of the Year in Santa Clara County 1993 &1996
- Prosecutor of the Year 1996 Citizens Against Homicide
- First woman on the D.A.'s Homicide Team
- Established first Domestic Violence Team in the D.A.'s office
- Support Network for Battered Women Board of Directors for six years
- Decisions will be based upon the law rather than a desire to favor one side over the other.
- Respect for jurors, witnesses, victims and all parties.
- Efficiency of court procedures to benefit all parties, jurors and witnesses.
- Occupation: Judge of the Municipal Court
- Now serving as Superior Court Judge
- Elected Presiding Judge, 1997
- 9 Years - Municipal Court Judge - TWICE elected
- 7 Years - State Prosecutor/Deputy Attorney General
- 5 Years - Deputy County Counsel, specializing in child abuse cases
- 6 Years - Teaching Judges statewide
David A. Cena
- Public Confidence in the Judiciary
- Broadened Judicial Knowledge and Community Involvement
- Judicial Efficiency and Technology
- Occupation: Judge, Santa Clara County
- Appointed Judge, Municipal Court, 1995 by Gov. Pete Wilson
- Elected Judge, Municipal Court, 1996
- 17 years civil trial experience, 1979-1995; Popelka, Allard, McCowan & Bondonno (1993-1995); Popelka, Allard, McCowan & Jones (1979-1993)
- J.D. Degree, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA May 1978;Thurston Society
- A.B. Degree, University of California, Davis, 1975; with honors
- A.A. Degree, College of the Siskiyous, 1973
- Maintaining a judiciary free of special interest group influence.
- Bringing my expertise in complex litigation typical of Silicon Valley to the Superior Court.
- Utilizing rehabilitation and treatment in appropriate drug cases.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Registrar of Voters. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Live Election Returns|
Links to outside sources are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- From Santa Clara County