Santa Clara County, CA
June 2, 1998 Primary|
City of Morgan Hill
70.9% Yes votes ......
29.1% No votes
|Infomation shown below:
Yes/No Meaning |
Official Information |
ADVISORY VOTE ONLY. THIS MEASURE DOES NOT INCREASE
TAXES. Shall the Morgan Hill Redevelopment Plan be extended to
accomplish, without bonded indebtedness, the following:
The plan amendment shall be for no more than $147 million.
- minimize flooding
- build a new library and community center
- build a new senior center
- build an aquatics center
- purchase land for a soccer complex
- develop a sports complex
- improve water, sewer, and street systems
- reduce sewer and water debt charges
- promote economic development
- A YES vote of this measure means:
- A yes vote expresses an opinion in
favor of the continued functioning of the Agency to undertake various
projects as specified in the Ballot Measure.
- A NO vote of this measure means:
- A no vote expresses
an opinion against the continued functioning of the Agency beyond the
current limits in the redevelopment plan.
Full Text of Argument In Favor,
Full Text of Argument Against,
Links to outside sources are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| County Election Links
About Smart Voter
Created: June 17, 1998 11:14
Smart Voter '98 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 1998
League of Women Voters of California,
Smart Valley Inc.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.